Griffon Hoverwork Ltd (GHL) is at the forefront of hovercraft development and has been involved in the manufacture and operation of hovercraft since they were first conceived, over 50 years ago. The company has hovercraft in all 5 continents and supports over 200 GHL craft in over 40 countries.
Supported by the Bland Group, Griffon Hoverwork has achieved strong growth; they relocated their main manufacturing facility from Hythe to Merlin Quay, Southampton UK at the beginning of 2011, in order to increase manufacturing capacity. The company now use lean techniques to design and manufacture high quality hovercraft for practical applications.
In the commercial role, Griffon Hoverwork hovercraft are used around the globe for:
- survey work and civil engineering support
- logistics and cargo carrying
- passenger ferries
- coastal, ice and airport crash rescue
- mobile medical clinics
Griffon Hoverwork hovercraft are also in use by those responsible for national security and military operations, missions include:
- border patrol and surveillance
- policing and customs duties
- marine interdiction and infra structure security
- weapons platforms, troop carriers and logistics vehicles