Collection and use of data
- 2. Bland Group can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and email from a number of different sources:
- a. If you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
- b. Via your individual IP location. This may be taken in order for Bland Group to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
- 3. You have the right to ask Bland Group not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Bland Group. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Bland Group's costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
- 4. Bland Group may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- a. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- b. To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- c. To speed up the user experience.
- d. To recognise you when you return to our site.
- 5. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 6. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on an advertisement on the Website on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- 7. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets).
- 8. Bland Group operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about us by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you may email us at email@example.com.